Unpaid (outstanding) security deposits can be viewed via the Accounting > Security Deposits menu, and then change the selector to show Unpaid.
These will also show on the tenancy overview screen, as well as being reflected in the tenant's outstanding balance.
- From the tenancy overview screen (as above) click the Record Deposit button to start the deposit receipt process.
- Alternatively, if you click on the deposit balance (to the right of the prominent deposit balance) you will see full details of the deposit due. From that screen click the Pay Deposit button.
- On this form enter the date the deposit was received, the value of the receipt, the bank account into which it is being received (be that the main client account, or a separate dedicated deposit account), and the payment medium.
- You will also need to specify into which deposit protection scheme the deposit is going to be lodged. If you have not yet configured the schemes which your agency uses, you should do this first by clicking Manage Deposit Schemes. this will open in a new window, and once complete you can refresh this original window.
If it is being paid directly to the landlord then the agency bank account details are not shown since they are not relevant.
- Click Save to record the receipt.
- The deposit will now show on the tenancy view with a status of unprotected, as well as being highlighted on the dashboard, and in the Accounting Reports > Security Deposits > Unprotected Report.
This view will show the date by which the deposit must be protected.
You will now need to lodge or protect the security deposit into the appropriate deposit scheme.
Deleting a deposit receipt
If a deposit has been marked as received in error, you can delete the receipt by clicking on the value in the list of payments which have been received (see above).
This will show the tenant transaction view, from where you can delete it via Options > Delete.
A receipt can only be deleted provided that:
- the deposit has not been protected, or processed beyond that stage
- the transaction has not been reconciled
- you have appropriate access privileges