Whether rent is applied automatically each rental period by a schedule, or manually by the user, over time a rent balance will start to build up, and rent charges will become due. You can see the rent balance on the tenancy or tenant overview screens, but you can also see a full breakdown of what actual rent charges have been applied (and which are paid and outstanding) via the List Rent screen.
- From the tenancy overview click List Rent, or click via the Rent and Charges > Rent menu.
- The list rent screen shows all rent schedules, with only the active schedules displayed by default, but you can change the filter to show all.
- This screen also shows all rent charges applied to date, with a filter to switch between tenant and benefit rents, if appropriate. Rents are listed in reverse chronological order, with the most recent rents at the top. The outstanding balance column will highlight any arrears in red.
- Each rent record will show which schedule was responsible for creating it, if applicable.
- Click on any schedule to view its full details, along with a list of rents generated from it, as well as options to deactivate it.
- Click on any rent charge to view its full details, along with details of any payments received and the option to edit or delete it, if appropriate.
Rent schedules and charges are colour-coded to help distinguish tenant and benefit rents.