Often the default user roles in the system are not sufficient for your agency. You may wish to grant particular privileges normally only afforded to agency managers to some of your most trusted staff members without going so far as to give them full system access. In this case you can create a custom role.
- Go to the user admin area via the Settings menu.
- Click the Agency tab.
- Choose the Roles option within the Users and Access category.
- The current roles are defined; click Add Role to create your a new one.
- Give the new role a label, and choose the type of user this relates to (by default, roles are for agency users).
- Tick the checkboxes for privileges which this new role should have access to. To ensure that a role does not have access to specific features or actions then leave those checkboxes unticked.
- Click Save.
Create a new role based on an existing role
Rather than creating a new role from scratch, more often than not the new role will be just involve some changes to an existing one.
- From the list of existing user roles, view the role you wish to clone and click Options > Duplicate.
- Add a label for the new role; by default it will be labelled "Copy of old role". Also, choose the new role type if necessary, although in most cases it will continue to be an agency user role.
- Tick or untick the relevant privilege checkboxes to allow or deny them to users of this new role.
- Click Save.
When you have created the new role you can then edit any user account and change their role to the new one. This will take effect the next time that user logs out and back in again.