A property statement will show all activity on that property over the specified period. You may also want to generate a statement covering all activity across all of the landlord's properties.
- From the property overview, click the View Statement button. Alternatively, statements may be accessed via the Financial > Reports and Statements > Property Statement menu.
- Choose a format, to either group entries on the statement by type (income, charges, expenses and payouts) or in chronological date order.
- Choose a date period over which you wish to view the statement.
- Choose whether you wish to see which rental periods income relates to. This is hidden by default to give a more concise statement. If shown, these appear in blue on the screen but in normal format on PDF versions of the statement.
- You may choose to either Print or Email a PDF version of the the statement.
- When printing or emailing a statement you can choose which branding style to apply for the statement.
All statements are timestamped at the bottom so you can determine exactly when they were generated in case of future discrepancies if financial data is subsequently added to or removed from the period covered by the statement.
Email a statement to a landlord
You may send a statement to a landlord for a specified time period either via this landlord statement view, or automatically during the landlord payout process, provided that an email address has been stored against the landlord record.
The actual statements are not stored, since these are just a snapshot of the financial activity on the system at that moment and may change if re-run in future over the same period if additional records have been added (or deleted) during the relevant period. If you wish to keep a record of the actual statements which are sent, please tick the checkbox to Send Me a Copy, which will CC the currently logged in user.
You can also include other emails which are independent of the system by typing these in the Additional Emails field, separated by commas.
Including supplier invoices
If there have been maintenance job invoiced during the statement period and the supplier invoices have been uploaded and attached to these jobs, a checkbox will be shown which allows the inclusion of these supplier invoices as attachments on the landlord statement email.
If this checkbox is not shown, this will be because no jobs with attached supplier invoices exist during this period. If there are jobs shown, you can edit these jobs to attach the relevant invoices.