Whether the property being added is for for sale or for rent, the owner (be that a landlord or a vendor) must be present on the system first. Much of the data which is captured against rental and sales properties is similar, and is outlined in this General Property Details section.
- To add a rental property, start within the Lettings module, or to add a resale property, start within the Sales module.
- Select Properties > Add Property from the main menu.
- Alternatively, from any page, click the new Property option via the + icon in the top right of the screen.
- If you are already on a particular owner record, you can add a new property for this owner via the green New button in the record header bar.
- All of these options take you to the main add property form, but if you have gone via the owner view then that owner will be pre-selected.
- Choose the property owner from the Landlord or Vendor selector. If the owner is not shown, you can type their name and then click Add... to add them dynamically from this form without having to leave and go add them separately, disrupting your flow. This will just add their name though; you will have to revisit the owner record to add further contact details later.
- Complete the address details. See more information in the Address Details section below.
- Specify which branch this property is being managed by. If your agency only has one branch you can ignore this as that branch will be preselected.
To add a property the following items of address data may be completed by the user; those marked with an asterisk are mandatory fields. All fields are self-explanatory.
- House number
- Address lines 1 (*)
- Address lines 1
- Town (*)
- Region (*)
The region is required in order to allow Elevate to make intelligent decisions regarding certain aspects of the property sale or lettings process. For example, rental properties located in Scotland may require different legal contracts than those elsewhere in the UK. Similarly, rental properties may have their security deposits protected in regional tenancy deposit schemes.
If you have enabled the postcode lookup add-on you can use this to obtain accurate postal address data when adding a property which will improve the overall integrity of addresses on the system, and consequently on all documentation generated by the system.
Properties being added for letting or resale will have different information stored against them. For details on module-specific property details, see the following links: