As a managing agent, you will wish to perform regular inspections on the property to ensure it is being maintained in good working order, and that no damage is present.
Within Elevate, this process is managed in two steps:
- Set the date the inspection is due, e.g. six months after the tenancy start
- When the inspection date approaches, schedule this in the diary
Set an inspection due date
At any stage, but typically when a tenancy is being set up, you can set the date that the next inspection is due to take place.
- From the property view, select the Activities > Inspections menu.
- Click the Add Inspection button in the top right.
- Specify the date the inspection is due, then either click Save to remind you in the future as that date approaches, or click Save and Schedule to arrange the inspection in the diary right away.
If no inspection has been scheduled, an alert will appear on both the dashboard and the property view as the due date approaches to highlight that an appointment needs to be put into the diary.
If an inspection appointment has been scheduled this will appear in the calendar along with all other types of diary events. You can, of course, filter by inspections only, if you wish.
Schedule an inspection
If you have chosen to Save and Schedule, the edit inspection form will be shown where you can choose the date and time, along with the inspector.
When the inspection is complete, set the Completed checkbox to Yes, and provide either details of the inspection in the comments box, or upload your inspection report in MS Word or PDF format.
If an inspection has not been scheduled at the same time as marking it due, you can do this afterwards by clicking the Activities > Inspections menu, or by clicking the inspection alert on the dashboard, or via Reports > Properties > Inspections.