Please ensure that your password which you set for logging into Elevate is strong and secure, and be very careful where you store it.
A strong password comprises:
- At least 8 characters long (but the longer the better, up to 32 characters)
- At least one upper-case letter
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character
An example of an extremely good password would be:
This might seem impossible to remember (and that's the whole point!) but password manager programs such as 1Password make it very easy to generate passwords like this, and will help you automatically fill these in on the relevant sites.
A tip for generating strong passwords
Another tip for generating strong passwords is to take the first letters of a memorable phrase with special meaning to yourself, and then substitute some letters for numbers or characters.
- Decide on a memorable phrase, e.g. I especially hate Mondays and being back at work!
- Abbreviate this to the initials of each word, e.g. IehMabbaw!
- Replace some obvious characters such as the a (for "and") to an ampersand character (&), and the letter I to a number 1 since it looks similar. This will yield 1ehM&bbaw!
You will quickly get into the habit of recanting the initial phrase in your head each time you enter your password.
Never share your password
Remember never to share your password with anyone. If someone else needs access to the system, create them their own login account. All activity within the system is tracked by user, so anything done using your account will be your responsibility.