The postcode lookup service, based on Royal Mail's Postcode Address File (PAF), is fully integrated into Elevate in all locations where postal addresses are captured. This is particularly useful when entering the most important addresses on your system, the properties you are managing and selling. However, it can equally be used when entering addresses and contact details for tenants, landlords, vendors, buyers, suppliers, etc.
Using the postcode lookup service instead of just manually entering addresses speeds up data entry, eliminates typos, and guarantees full and accurate postal address details. Since this address data will in turn be shared on to other systems such as portal listings it's crucial to ensure it is entered properly at source.
Currently the postcode lookup only works on UK postal addresses.
- Type a UK postcode into the postcode field, and click Find Address.
- The matching addresses will be shown in a drop-down select list from which the required address can be selected.
- When an address is selected it will automatically populate the various address fields.
- Although not recommended, you can further amend these address fields if required.
- Note that the region is a mandatory field for the purposes of bank holidays.
Overwriting the address returned from the lookup service
There are a number of reasons why you may wish to overwrite the address returned from the postcode lookup service.
- The address is referred to differently in your locality
- You wish the address to appear differently on property portals.
For example, our own office address is locally referred to as:
8 Osborne Promenade, Warrenpoint, County Down BT34 3NQ
However, the postcode lookup service will return the accurate Royal Mail postal address.
8 Osborne Promenade, Warrenpoint, Newry, County Down BT34 3NQ
This will result in the property being listed on portals as below, which is incorrect or misleading.
8 Osborne Promenade, Newry BT34 3NQ
So, in this case you may wish to manually modify the address2 and town fields.
Enter an address manually
If you prefer to enter an address manually, or if for some reason it is not found on the results list, you can click the Enter Address Manually link.