One of the core actors in property sales is the buyer (or prospective buyer) - the person(s) who is looking for a property to purchase.
- From the main menu in lettings, click Buyers > Add Buyer to see the Add Buyer form.
- The mandatory fields on this form are the forename(s) and surname.
- Click Save to add the buyer to the system.
All other additional information may be added by subsequently updating the buyer record.
The following items of contact data may be completed by the user. All fields are self-explanatory.
Name, address and contact details:
- Title, Forename(s) and Surname
- Address lines 1 and 2
- Emails (primary and secondary)
- Phone numbers (mobile, home and work)
If you have enabled the postcode lookup add-on you can use this to obtain accurate postal address data which will improve the overall integrity of addresses on the system, and consequently on all documentation generated by the system.
How the agency conducts the purchase process with the buyer, from selecting suitable properties for sale to advising on additional complementary services such as mortgage or financial advice, will depend to a large degree on the buyer's financial situation. This key information may be captured when adding the buyer, or of course updated later if not readily available at the outset.
Record details of the buyer's motivation for their purchase activity.
- First-Time Buyer
- Holiday Home
- House to Sell - Not on Market
- House to Sell - On Market (Other Agent)
- House to Sell - On Market (This Agent)
- House to Sell - Sale Agreed
- Nothing to Sell
You may select multiple options from this list.
Record details of how the buyer intends to fund the property purchase. This will inform the suitability of properties which they may be interested in, e.g. some properties are particularly suited for cash buyers, and may also highlight opportunities for referral to in-house mortgage or financial advisory services.
- Cash and Mortgage
Arrange a viewing
Quite often when adding a buyer you may wish to arrange a viewing at the same time. Tick the Arrange Viewing checkbox and once the buyer is added you will automatically be taken to the add viewing form.