If you need to remove a property charge, perhaps because it has been applied in error, you first need to remove any payments which have been received against it. The steps to remove the charge payment are outlined below.
- On the property view, go to Financial > List Charges to see a full list of property charges. By default, this list only shows outstanding charges so you may need to adjust the filter to show charges which have been paid.
- From the list of property charges, click the charge you wish to remove the receipt from.
- Alternatively, you may click through on a particular property charge which is displayed in another table or statement view.
- The charge summary screen is shown, outlining the details of the charge itself and any receipts which have been recorded against it to date.
- Identify the charge receipt which you wish to remove, and click the link on the receipt value.
- Click Options > Remove, and confirm the deletion.
The funds which had been used to pay this charge originally will be placed back onto credit on the property account, for future payout or re-allocation to other charges.