You may wish to apply a charge to a property (landlord) in relation to a tenancy, i.e, the charge will be applied on your specified frequency (usually aligned with the rental period) so long as the tenancy is active, but will stop charging when the tenancy ends.
This is an ideal way to charge a fixed management fee every rental period, if your agency does not utilise a percentage-based management fee model.
- From the tenancy overview screen, click Rent & Charges > Charges to see a list of recurring charges for this tenancy.
- Click Add Charge.
- From the Charge To select the Property option.
- Select the type of charge (fee or expense).
- Specify the start date from which the recurring charge should apply. Backdated charges will be applied as appropriate.
- By default, charges are created as recurring, so the Recurring checkbox is set to Yes. Change this setting to No if you wish this charge to be applied just one time.
- Specify the ex-VAT value. The system will automatically work out the appropriate VAT value, if relevant.
- Provide a Description of the nature of the charge.
- Click Save.
Recurring charges with a start date in the past will create all charges from that date, provided it is after the system start date. If the system start date is later, it will create charges which occur on or after that date.