The final stage to complete the job's journey is when the supplier issues an invoice for the completed work. This may be at the same time as they inform you of completion, or it may be some time later. At this stage you need to mark the job as invoiced.
This is the point where financial entries are created - the invoice is now due to the supplier, and the landlord now owes that money to the supplier for the work carried out.
- From the overview screen, click Mark as Invoiced.
- Specify the date from the supplier invoice.
- Specify the value of the supplier invoice, inclusive of VAT if applicable. This is the TOTAL amount charged for the work carried out.
- If you wish, you can upload the invoice in PDF format. Many invoices are now sent by email as PDFs and can simply be downloaded and then attached to the job in this form. Alternatively, you can scan the paper-based invoice into PDF format and attach.
Supplier job invoices can be included as attachments if the landlord/property statement is emailed to the landlord, for any jobs invoiced during that statement period.
- If the landlord for this property is configured to be charged a maintenance fee, this will be automatically calculated based on the maintenance commission fee and/or percentage. If you wish to change the automatically calculated value, tick the Override Fee checkbox to provide your own value.
If the agency is VAT-registered, VAT will only be applied to the maintenance fee; the supplier invoice is an expense which is being recharged so any VAT charged by the supplier will already be included in that invoice total.
- The value of the supplier invoice being recharged to the landlord, plus any maintenance fee applied by the agency will be summed to show the total due from the landlord.
- If the agency has a discount arrangement in place with the supplier, e.g. for timely payment, this can be reflected in the amount due from the agency to the supplier. This does not affect the full invoice amount due from the landlord. The manually calculated discount may be manually overridden by ticking the Override Discount checkbox and providing your own discount value.
- Occasionally the job description which has been used internally is unsuitable for inclusion on the landlord (or supplier) statement. If this is the case an alternative title may be provided to feature on statements.
- Click Save to process the invoice.
- The job status will be updated to Invoiced.
What happens charge-wise at this stage?
When the job is marked as invoiced, two charges are created:
- The supplier invoice (including any discount) is now due to be paid to the supplier
- The landlord owes the value of the invoice plus any fees to the agency
When the landlord pays the job charge and any associated maintenance fees, funds will be allocated to the agency for the fees, and to the client account for the cost of the job. This money then becomes available to pay the supplier.