If a rent charge has already been paid, that receipt may be removed if necessary and the money will instead be placed back onto the tenant account as a credit balance. Note, however, that any management fees relating to this rent receipt will not be automatically removed - see below.
You may wish, instead, to transfer the rent receipt to another rental period which will simply re-allocate the receipt internally without affecting any management fees or income which may have already been paid out to the landlord.
- From the list of rent charges, click on the rent record which has been partially or fully paid.
- The receipts recorded to date will be shown in the What Payments Have Been Received? section. Click any receipt value to view its details.
- On the rent receipt summary view, click Options > Remove.
- You will be prompted to confirm the deletion, and the system will show the suggestion of perhaps transferring a rent receipt instead. Click Yes to remove the receipt.
- The receipt value will be placed back onto the tenant credit balance, and the rent charge will now show as unpaid once more.
Associated management fees
If a management fee has been applied (either automatically or manually) in relation to this rent receipt, that fee is not deleted when the receipt is removed. You will need to manually remove such fees.
To help identify management fees which may no longer be valid due to the associated rent receipt being removed, these are highlighted in statements and other views with an alert icon. The icon is not shown in printed statements which are sent to landlords; they are shown for internal use only.
- Transfer a rent receipt to a different rent charge
- Remove a rent charge
- Remove a receipt paid against a tenant charge