If a payment has been received against a rent charge already, you can choose to transfer that receipt to another outstanding rent charge if necessary. This can sometimes be useful if rent charges are changing, or need to be deleted due to errors, but you don't want to impact tenant or landlord statements, particularly if the landlord has already been paid out.
Also, if management fees have already been applied (and possibly paid) in relation to the original tenant receipt, the transfer option is a simple way to reshuffle the rent allocations behind the scenes without having to delete and re-enter transactions.
- From the list of rent charges, click on the rent record which has been partially or fully paid.
If there are no outstanding rent charges currently showing, this transfer process will not work as the Transfer option will not be shown in the later steps below.
- The receipts recorded to date will be shown in the What Payments Have Been Received? section. Click any receipt value to view its details.
- If other rent charges are currently outstanding, you will have the option to transfer some or all of the current receipt to the outstanding rent. On the rent receipt summary view, click Options > Transfer.
- Other outstanding rent charges will now be shown on the the screen, and you can choose to re-allocate (transfer) up to the current receipt amount to one or more outstanding rents. Specify the transfer value, and click Transfer.
- The rent receipt(s) will be reallocated behind the scenes, the original transaction will be unaffected, and the individual rent charge balances will be updated to reflect the internal transfers.