Part of the management activity on a property may involve taking meter readings in relation to utilities such as electricity, water and gas. This can be useful when starting and ending tenancies, as well as ad-hoc inspections.
These can be managed via the Activities > Meter Readings menu.
Adding utility meters
You can add new meters via the Options > Manage Meters menu.
STEP BY STEP
- Specify the name of the utility provider (see below, if not already listed).
- Indicate the type of meter, e.g. bill or pay-as-you-go.
- Specify the serial number of the meter, if required.
- To assist with location of the meter on future visits, add specific details if applicable.
Managing utility providers
Utility providers, e.g. your gas or electric power company, may be added on-the-fly when creating the meter, or can be managed separately via Settings > Agency > Utility Providers.
Recording a meter reading
With the utility provider configured, and the meter defined, you can record one or more meter readings, over a period of time.
- From the Activities > Meter Readings menu, click Add Reading.
- In the meter reading form, choose the meter, the reading date, and the primary reading. If a secondary meter is in place, you may additional record an extra reading for this visit.