You can specify a guarantor for each tenant associated with a tenancy.
- From the tenancy overview, click Tenancy > Full Details.
- For each tenant, you can set a guarantor. Click the Set link against the appropriate tenant.
- You can either choose an existing contact for this tenant, or add a new one at the same time (see step 5 below).
- Click Save to store the guarantor.
- If you choose to add a new guarantor, the link will take you to the Add Tenant Contact form, and preset the relationship to Guarantor. In this case, once the new guarantor is added, they will automatically be linked to the tenancy. You can confirm this by revisiting the tenancy details form, as per step 1 above.
- The guarantor will be listed as an additional contact against the tenant, but is only acting as a guarantor for any tenancy to which they have been explicitly linked. Naturally, they do not automatically guarantee any other tenancies.
Including guarantor tags in documents
You will likely want the guarantor details to be automatically populated into documents such as tenancy agreements, or ASTs.
The following tags may be inserted for this purpose, directly from the Tenancy tags group.