You will likely want to perform some form of tenant credit check before engaging with a tenant to draw up a tenancy agreement, to be pre-warned of any potential financial history of defaulting on payments. Depending on the result of that reference, which is conducted by third party credit-check agencies, you may or may not wish to work with that tenant.
We provide an integration with Advanced Rent, one of the UK's leading tenant-referencing agencies.
- If you do not have tenant referencing enabled, you will see a link to enable these services in the left-hand sidebar.
- To begin using Advanced Rent's service you first need to activate the Advanced Rent add-on.
- On any tenant overview, you will now see a Tenant References section in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click Request a Reference.
- You will now need to provide full details of the tenant and tenancy.
- Choose a reference provider (at present Advanced Rent is the only integration).
- Provide details of the tenant, the property in which the tenancy will be set up, and the tenancy dates.
- Provide as much additional information on the tenant which will help the reference agency identify them and their financial history.
- You can additionally provide guarantor information.
- Click Save to submit the reference.
- The reference details will show on the tenant overview screen, including the reference ID, the date is was requested, and its current status.
- When the reference completes, the result will be shown on that tenant overview screen.