While most expenses and charges are simply due to the agency, it is possible to "recharge" expenses to to the tenant so that when the tenant makes the payment those funds are passed directly to the landlord.
This is typically used in scenarios where the landlord is already paying for a utility such as broadband, electricity or gas but wants the tenant to compensate them for this.
- Go to the tenant overview, for the tenant to whom you wish to charge the expense.
- Click New > Charge.
- Choose the charge type to be Recharged Expense (Due to Landlord).
- Complete the rest of the details including the VAT-inclusive amount and a description of the expense being charged, and click Save.
- This charge will be reflected on the tenant's statement and balance.
- When the tenant pays this charge in the normal fashion, this will result is a credit of type Recharged Expense Income being added to the landlord (property) balance and will be available for payout.