For each tenancy that you set up within your agency, you will need to produce an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) tenancy agreement.
Most of these will follow the same general template (or at least a small number of variations) so to save time you can automatically generate these via Elevate using document templates.
If you have your own AST template (or templates) you can upload these via Settings > Agency Settings > Templates > Create Template, or you can use and modify the system default template. Note, however, that the system-provided templates are not officially maintained legal templates so you should ensure that these fulfil your legal requirements before using them. We find that most agencies have their own existing templates and prefer to upload and these instead.
- Once you have set up the tenancy, go to the overview screen.
- From the menu, choose Documents & Files > Create Document.
- Choose the appropriate template from the Template selector. All tenancy-type templates will be shown.
- If you wish to apply particular agency branding style, choose that branding.
- The form will reload with the chosen template in the content editor and all appropriate tags substituted with actual values, e.g. tenant name, property address, tenancy start date, and rent values. You can either accept the generated content, or modify this in the editor if you wish.
- If you need to add new tags from the tag palette at the bottom of the page, click the tag to insert at the appropriate position in the document, and then click Replace Tags to reload the document.
- Click Save.